Program management is typically defined as “… the process of managing several related projects, often with the intention of improving an organization's performance”. In ASET’s view, we see program management as being about selecting projects, adjusting the speed at which they run, and adjusting their scope in order to maximize the value of the client portfolio as a whole – and this is important - as budgets (or other external conditions) change.
Our results-oriented project management model is built upon a comprehensive analysis of the customer’s authorities, mission, stakeholder landscape, resources and constraints. We uniquely explore the policy, operational and technical facets for each of these considerations. Our staff apply the principles of systems engineering to define requirements, analyze courses of action and develop flexible implementation plans that can adapt to our customers’ dynamic environments. Our professionals have extensive experience helping organizations address all the key aspects of strategic planning and project management lifecycle, including but not limited to:
- Strategy formulation
- Environmental analysis
- Lessons learned identification, adaptation & integration
- Organizational alignment
- Resource modeling
- Performance metrics
To assist our clients in maximizing value, we provide the following program management services:
- Governance - We assist clients in implementing the structures, processes and procedures necessary to control operations and changes to performance objectives. This includes assisting in developing metrics to measure the health and progress of programs in the most vital areas.
- Alignment - We assist clients in aligning the program with organizational strategy to ensure support of the higher level vision, goals and objectives.
- Assurance - We assist in verifying and validating the program, ensuring adherence to organizational standards and alignment with the vision.
- Management - We assist in ensuring that there are regular reviews, there is accountability, and that management of projects, stakeholders and suppliers is in place.
- Integration - We assist clients in ensuring that component parts fit together properly to meet the intended ‘whole’ - both functionally and technically.
- Finances - We assist in not only tracking the basic costs – but also tracking together with the incidental and wider costs of administering the program.
- Planning - We assist clients in developing the big plan - bringing together and integrating the information on multiple projects: resources, timescales, monitoring and control.
- Improvement - We put in place mechanisms to assist clients in continuously assessing performance; researching and developing new capabilities; and systemically applying learning and knowledge to the program.